DS LEISURE is launched with the main objective of increasing the competences (attitudes, skills, knowledge) of persons with Down syndrome, their families, professionals working in leisure sector, formal, non-formal caregivers and volunteers, about how to improve the Quality of Life of people with Down syndrome through Inclusive Leisure applying an innovative training program.
- Persons with Down Syndrome (PDS)
- Families, caregivers
- Professionals working in the Leisure Sector
No project has been launched, at European level, in directly training persons with Down syndrome, families, caregivers and professionals of Leisure Sector as a powerful tool for increasing the Quality of Life of these persons.
DS LEISURE is a unique and INNOVATIVE TRAINING based on the next differentiated premises:
- Direct involvement and training of Adult Persons with Down Syndrome.
- Based on experiential activities, “learning by doing”.
- Promotion of the inclusion of PDS through the participation of professionals in the Leisure Sector.
- Involving families and professionals as “supports”, not only as caregivers.
- Involving professionals of Leisure Sector as “supports”, not only as deliver of services.
- Training PDS in the exploitation of ICT Assistive Technologies.
- To raise awareness and motivate the full collective about the importance of Inclusive Leisure for Quality of Life.
- To increase the autonomy of PDS for taking decisions about their leisure time with a global Wellbeing and Quality of Life approach.
- To transfer knowledge and guidelines about how to implement Inclusive Leisure among PDS.
- To transfer knowledge and guidelines about to exploit ICT Tools (Apps and/ATs) for supporting inclusive leisure for PDS.
- Methodological Guide developed with the direct participation of PDS and professionals of the Leisure Sector.
- Training Materials for creating and improving the critical competences of PDS and professionals of the Leisure Sector.
- Experiential Training Activities for enhancing the practical training within real environments.
- Development of an e-Training Platform, including solutions for supporting the implementation of Training Materials and Experiential Training Activities.
- Creation of 4 DS LEISURE UNITS.
- Development of Dissemination Actions addressed to the European collective related to PDS.